Loud, crowded fireworks displays are no fun for pets, so please resist the urge to take them to Independence Day festivities. Instead, keep your little guys safe from the noise in a quiet, sheltered and escape-proof area at home.
1. Never leave alcoholic drinks unattended where pets can reach them.
2. Do not apply any sunscreen or insect repellent product to your pet that is not labeled specifically for use on animals.
3. Always keep matches and lighter fluid out of your pets’ reach.
4. Keep your pets on their normal diet.
5. Do not put glow jewelry on your pets, or allow them to play with it.
6. Keep citronella candles, insect coils and oil products out of reach.
7. Never use fireworks around pets!